Resources for Adults Struggling During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Need to talk to someone?
Your mental health is just as important as your physical health.
Ohio COVID CareLine: 1-800-720-9616 (The Ohio CareLine is a free, confidential emotional support call service. Licensed professionals are available to talk 24 hours a day, seven days a week.)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
The PEER Center Warm Line – 614-358-TALK (8255), 9AM – 3PM
Disaster Distress Helpline – 1-800-985-5990 (1-800-846-8517 TTY)
Ohio Crisis Text Line – Text the word “4HOPE” to 741741
Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services Help Line – 1-877-275-6364 (to find resources in your community)
Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services COVID-19 Resources – mha.ohio.gov/coronavirus
Self-Assessment Resources provided by the Butler County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery Board
Butler County Crisis Hotline – 1-844-4CRISIS (1-844-427-4747)
- Available 24/7 -365 Days a Year
- Suicide Prevention & Information and Referral Hotline
- Afterhours access to the Mobile Crisis Team
- Trained caring staff
- Free service
- Operated by Beckett Springs Hospital
Butler County Consultation & Crisis Intervention Center – (513)881-7180
- Monday-Friday 8AM – 5PM (Nights, weekends, & holidays, services are available through the 24/7 toll-free Butler County Crisis Hotline)
- Assistance in the event of a community crisis
- Mobile crisis assessments
- Consultations with providers and families
- Short term post crisis mental health therapy and case management – Health officers will respond anywhere in Butler County to assess a mental health crisis situation and assist with emergency treatment to stabilize individuals in crisis.
- Operated by Butler Behavioral Health Services, Inc.
Support Groups and Apps
- The Addict’s Parents United: www.tapunited.org
- Al-Anon Electronic Meetings: al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic meetings
Help for Problem Gambling
- Problem Gambling Network of Ohio: https://pgnohio.org/what-we-do/resources-for-problem-gamblers.html
- Gamblers Anonymous Hotline Number: 855-2CALLGA (855-222-5542)
- Phone-in Meetings: https://800gambler.org/help-during-the-covid-19-pandemic
Recovery Support Groups
- Ohio Citizen Advocates Advocacy for Addiction Recovery: https://www.oca-ohio.org/covid-19
- Narcotics Anonymous Online Meetings: https://www.narcotics.com/narcotics-anonymous/narcotics-anonymous-online-meetings
- eAA: e-AA.org
- Al-Anon Electronic Meetings: al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings
- SAMHSA Virtual Recovery Resources: https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/virtual-recovery-resources.pdf
- Sober Grid: https://www.sobergrid.com
General Health and Wellness Resources
In-Home Physical Fitness
- Planet Fitness: https://www.facebook.com/planetfitness
- Gold’s Gym: https://www.goldsgymn.com/anywhere
- Do Yoga with Me: https://www.doyogawithme.com
- Better You, Better Ohio! Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Health & Wellness Program: https://info.bwc.ohio.gov/wps/portal/bwc/site/safety/resources/health-and-wellness-program
- Statewide Meditation: https://www.facebook.com/OHCitizenAdvocates
For Specific Groups
- For Farmers: #GotYourBack: https://agri.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/oda/gotyourback
- For Veterans: MyHealtheVet: https://myhealth.va.gov
- Unemployment: https://unemployment.ohio.gov
- Medicaid, Food and Cash Assistance, Child Care, Women, Infants and Children Food Assistance: benefits.ohio.gov
- Additional resources for economic support: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home/Resources-for-Economic-Support/econ.
For additional information, visit coronavirus.ohio.gov
For answers to your COVID-19 questions, call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
If you or a loved one are experiencing anxiety related to the coronavirus, help is available. Call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 (1-800-846-8517 TTY); connect with a trained counselor through the Ohio Crisis Text Line by texting the word “4HOPE” to 741741; or call the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services Help Line at 1-877-275-6364 to find resources in your community.
Information provided by the Ohio Department of Health